One of the fascinating things about blog stats is seeing which posts take off over time and just seem to keep attracting visits. It doesn’t always coincide with the effort it took to write the bloomin’ thing, nor my own expectations!
Looking at 2015, here are five of the most popular posts, in case you missed them and/or just FYI.
- Of all the reviews I’ve written, this short review of Stephen Bone’s pamphlet In the Cinema just keeps bringing in the eyeballs. It was actually published in December 2014, but still outdid almost everything else in 2015.
- It’s lovely in the midlands… as evidenced by the sheer number of peeps reading my Leicestershire Regional Focus (a feature I’m planning to resurrect, by the way.)
- Poetry titles – what the $@*!? It seems to be a perennial topic of discussion, seeing the number of visits this piece continues to get – The Naming Game
- I didn’t think this was going to be controversial, but I actually got a bit of flak for this one – Should poems be read from memory? (I was only asking!)
- Gone but not forgotten … these were my post-event thoughts after a visit to the Aldeburgh Poetry Festival. May a phoenix rise from the ashes!